Footprints commenced in 1991 as a small Inner North City service known as New Farm Community Options, with three staff, under the auspice of the former New Farm Neighbourhood Centre in Brunswick Street.
Thirty years later, we have diversified and grown significantly, with more than 200 dedicated staff and volunteers, supporting approximately 2000 clients.
Footprints has a long history of working with the most vulnerable people residing in Brisbane and the past several years has seen our specialist response services extended to adjoining regions to the North and South. We can not be prouder of this history of service to the community of which you are part, and we invite you to celebrate this special year and thank you for your contribution to the Footprints story.
HOW WE’RE CELEBRATING
To celebrate this milestone year we have a number of activities and events planned. The first being the release of our specially designed 30 YEAR logo on Tuesday 23 February.
We have also developed a series of stories that we will be unveiling throughout the year. These stories will showcase the Footprints qualities that have seen us grow and succeed throughout the years, and highlight the relationships that form the foundations of Footprints. They will be told through the eyes of our most valuable assets — our clients, staff and volunteers.
These stories are being progressively launched here on our website, social media and via our newsletter. We hope you enjoy them as they are unveiled throughout 2021, and we hope they shine a light on the valuable contribution Footprints makes to the community.
We also have a number of events planned for throughout the year, where we will be giving away some items to help remember this special year.
To find out more, make sure you keep visiting our website regularly, and stay connected to us via social media and our newsletter.
OUR 30 YEAR ANNIVERSARY STORIES
Our latest story showcases the quality HONESTY and it is told through the experiences of our NDIS participant, Rita who is pictured here with a Footprints worker, Anthea. We hope you enjoy reading this story.
Our previous stories showcase the qualities:
- HELPFUL and it is told through the experiences of our volunteer, Betty.
- COMPASSIONATE and it is told through the experiences of our volunteer, Jacqui.
- SUPPORTIVE and it is told through the experiences of Suzie who is pictured with her Footprints worker, Layken.
- WELCOMING and it is told through the experiences of our volunteer, David who is pictured with Footprints chef, Brian.
- FRIENDLY and it is told through the experiences of Larraine who is pictured with a Footprints worker, Brett.
- CARING and it is told through the experiences of Peta who is pictured with her Footprints worker, Jorge.
- RESPECTFUL and it is told through the experiences of Michelle who is pictured with her Footprints worker, CeeJay.
We hope you also enjoy reading these stories.