WHAT IS SOCIAL PRESCRIBING
Social Prescribing is a new approach to holistic health care. Social Prescribing can connect people to local community supports with the aim of improving their health and wellbeing in a way that is meaningful to them. This might include linking to supports around healthy living, social groups, activities and can provide personalized support and service navigation. At Footprints Community, our Link Workers can work with people to understand what matters to them and what’s missing to help build a support plan to work on their goals.
- • Social Prescribing Roundtable November 2019, report from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners recommending that social prescribing by incorporated into routine healthcare throughout Australia
- • Social prescribing: A rapid literature review to inform primary care policy in Australia
- • Social prescribing and community-based support — National Health Service (NHS), England.
SOCIAL PRESCRIBING AT FOOTPRINTS
- • helping you to develop personalised goal plans
- • linking you to personalised health services and community supports
- • providing you with information and advice about how to manage barriers
- • Ongoing communication with between you and your health care providers.
- • About Footprints Care Coordination Service (CCS)
- • Footprints CCS video
- • 2022 Winner — Best International Social Prescribing Project.